tell me lies

Jun 3, 2011

Ever call into work just for the hell of it?

Maybe because you didn't sleep one wink the night before AND  you woke up with stupid allergies?

Yeah me neither.

But let's say I had.

It probably would've been the best day EVER. I probably would've slept in until 11 and the next few hours would've been filled with shopping, eating, laughing and all around RELAXING with the best fiance ever.

I probably would've bought these shoes for my cousin's wedding tomorrow. And then I'd go on and on about how much I LOVE them!


I might have even spent most of the late afternoon catching up on Mad Men, thanks to Netflix. At the same time, I would ignore my boss' e-mails AND text messages because really, what kind of boss bothers an employee who called in?

I probably would have been beyond happy today too because I was spending so much time with my doggies that I miss dearly when I'm off working long hours. If I'd been at home, I would've taken a picture like this:


But that kind of day only happens to people who do bad things like call in for no "real" reason. 

I, however am a good girl who was totally at my wonderful job working super hard today because I love it there oh-so-freaking-much.


{via}

12 comments:

The Thrifty Book Nerd said...

I know how you feel. As a reporter, there are some days I want but I don't want to burden my fellow reporters. I love those shoes!

Amanda said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

We all need those days!
Love the shoes...
And of course the pup :)

Amanda said...

No way, I would NEVER do that and it would NEVER be that awesome :) Good for you for taking a "me" day for yourself, we all need them!

Tricia said...

Personal health days are the best.

Rachel said...

Haha, love this post!

Cole said...

Mental health days are fabulous! I'm glad you "theoretically" took one. :-)

Anonymous said...

Tee hee hee! I still can't tell if you called in sick or not and I've read this post four times. :) I kinda think you did?

Unknown said...

You're hysterical! I've never called in sick (of school). Never ever ;)

KSK said...

:) What a great day that would've been... if only you DID call in!
Love those shoes that you COULD'VE bought if only you called in sick!

Mrs. W. said...

Mental health days are a necessity sometimes. No shame in that! :)

[SMASH] said...

Hahaha great post, lady! :) We all need those days! I'm so very bad about using up my sick days for fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs