So yeah I'm super behind on the preggo updates but honestly there wasn't much to talk about in the first few months. I had a few bouts of morning sickness and evening sickness, I only gained about 5 pounds the first 5 months (thanks to my major fruit and water cravings!) and had nothing to complain about except the occasional sore back and major lack of energy. My belly didn't even really show up til about 19 weeks! But while I haven't done a good job at taking pictures, I have been keeping a written journal that I will give baby girl one day - the same that my mom did for me! :)
To start off, here's some past pictures.
I obviously never thought to pose the same way every time.
(This is my first pregnancy, cut me some slack! ;)
But you get the idea! Click to make it bigger.
(Techincally 27 weeks, 3 days but whatevs :)
(I realize now the ruffles do nothing special for my already ginormous boobs. ha!)
Updates in Week 27:
- Baby girl is getting more active by the day. Her kicks and punches are getting harder too which is super cool to me! Ronnie was able to see one through my belly a couple weeks ago and I got to see it for myself a couple days ago. I call her "wild woman" cause she can get crazy in there! ha!
- I had my 26 week OB appointment last week. Baby girl's heart rate was great and I actually LOST 2 pounds. That is awesome considering at my 22 weeks appointment I had gained 7 pounds in 4 weeks! Ugh. But with the loss, I'm currently up a total of 10 lbs. Not bad for being nearly 7 months.
- Those 10 lbs have definitely found their way to my face recently. I knew this day would come but I'm not happy about it.
- Despite never having the typical morning sickness, I have been gaggy in the mornings at least twice a week since the beginning and it STILL happens. Nothing comes of it though, just gagging.
- I'm still only waking up once or twice in the middle of the night to pee. I'm grateful for that considering I know girls further behind me who are up 3-4 times!
- I've been sleeping with my Boppy Total Body pillow since about 18 weeks and don't think I ever want to live without it. The bigger I get, the more of a lifesaver it is to me!!
- SUPER TMI alert. I'm starting to feel more frequent sharp pains "down there". It's been happening for months now but my OB says it's totally fine. It's nothing unbearable or worrisome, just painful. I usually have to lay down and try and move this wild woman off whatever nerve she's sitting on. I've read a lot about it on forums and girls seem to call it the "knife in the crotch" feeling. That about sums it up.
- It's starting to feel more and more real by the day. I haven't even started in her nursery yet and I know I still have 3 months but it's going to fly by. It already has!
- I can't believe I still haven't registered yet so hopefully we can fit it in this weekend!
'Til next week! Have a great Wednesday!