Hey y'all! :) I can't believe I haven't even blogged since last week! Let's just say I've been ridiculously lazy. I'm not even close to being done with my Christmas shopping either. I guess I'm just taking it to heart when parents tell me "Get lots of sleep", "Take time for yourself"....I only have about 11 weeks without baby so I'm taking their advice! Is that so wrong? :)
So here I am, in all my 29 week glory!
(29 weeks and 4 days to be exact )
Updates in Week 29:
- According to babycenter.com, baby girl is about 2.5 pounds (about the size of a butternut squash) and is about 15" long.
- Lately I have been EXTREMELY tired. I feel like I could crash out anywhere at any time. My usual 8 hours of sleep just is not enough anymore. I've been sleeping in late every morning but not even that seems to help.
- In the past few days I started feeling a weird vibrating sensation towards the bottom of my uterus. I read up on it at a few sites and apparently it's some sort of muscle spasm, maybe when the baby hits a certain nerve? I don't know but it feels ca-razy!
- I have my 30 week (holy crap!) OB appointment next Monday and I'm definitely gonna ask about that weird sensation...I'm also hoping I haven't gained much weight since the last appointment. #prayforme
- I've really lucked out with my appointments being scheduled right before Thanksgiving and right before Christmas. Then I don't feel so bad about chowing down! ha!
- I am in LOVE with her kicks. It's just such a relief to know she's a active, healthy girl. The kicks are definitely picking up and have even started waking me up in the middle of the night!
- As I type this, I want to close my eyes. Told you, I'm that tired!
- Honestly other than all the petty "complaints" above, I feel GREAT. It's hard to believe I'm this far along and still feeling so good. To this point this pregnancy has been incredibly easy and I'm so grateful for that!
- As of last night, we're officially registered at Babies R Us! I went in SO excited but it turned out to not be the greatest experience after all. A hot store + feeling overwhelmed + needing to EAT = Momma nearly passing out. We got out of there pretty fast but at least we got it started for now!
- Next up, registering at Target. Oh yeah, and buying nursery furniture. With buying a house and it being Christmas time, poor girl's nursery has taken a backseat so I hope to finally get it all set up in January. I hope she knows that she needs to wait until at least mid February to make her appearance.
- At Babies R Us, another Christmas outfit found its way into my hands :) It was originally $26, marked down to $13 and at the register it rang up for $8! Holla! This girl now has 2 Christmas outfits..and considering we do about 4 Christmases, I think she has an excuse for a couple more ;)
I can't believe at this time next year, I'll be carrying around a precious angel in that outfit.
Seriously, SO exciting :)
And I just want to say CONGRATS to Heather, she found out the sex of her baby yesterday! I'm starting to feel like I need to move to Houston and be a part of those oh-so-cool H Town Girls. My baby girl would have built in BFF's with Baby O and Heather's Baby BUB! Plus, Ronnie would be in football heaven, living near his Houston Texans. ha!
Have a great day!!