OMG, y'all.

Jul 21, 2012

It has been a crazy few weeks to say the least. I can't believe how long it's been since I last blogged! So you ready for a quick novel?

Remember when I finally found out I had gall stones? Well I had surgery 3 days after I found out!! If you follow me on Twitter, of course you already knew that though :) It's seriously crazy how it happened. The surgeon I was supposed to see couldn't even see me for two weeks which I was bummed about but screw that because I got the hook up! ha! Just two days after I was in the ER, a client stopped by our office and happened to jokingly say that she would trade our services for surgery since her husband is a general surgeon. Of course one of my co-workers said "Hey, Jessica needs her gallbladder taken out!" and literally one hour later, I was sitting in the waiting room of her husband's office. Seriously. When I finally met with him, he said "How's tomorrow for you? We need to get that gallbladder out or you'll keep having these attacks". So by the next day, Friday, I was in the hospital for surgery! Crazy how things work out. 

But what was supposed to be an easy, outpatient surgery turned into two weeks of crappola. Right after they took my gallbladder out they did an x-ray and saw that I had major gallstones still blocking my bile duct so I needed a second procedure, an ERCP, to remove them. And I had to be put under again. Not fun. But I felt OK after all of it and was even annoyed when they wanted to keep me overnight. But I guess that's what I needed because by that night I was the sickest I've ever been in my life. I won't elaborate but it wasn't pretty and I was in so much pain and just so unbearably nauseous. Even hearing my hospital roommate (I had a semi-private room. UGH) crunch on ice chips made me want to vomit. It was hell on earth and about 100x worse than my c-section. 
By Sunday afternoon I wasn't nearly as sick anymore so I was discharged. 

Over the next couple of days though I started to get sick again and by Thursday I really started to worry about why I was getting random fevers, chills and abdominal pain. I called the surgeon and he said to come in to the ER so a couple of hours later, I was in the ER being rushed around for blood work and then for a CT scan.

Turns out that second procedure I had can cause pancreatitis and as luck would have it, that's what I had. Apparently it had kicked in immediately after surgery too which is what had caused that hellish weekend. 
Cue being admitted into the hospital again. Granted I wasn't nearly as sick as the previous time I was there but this time wasn't a whole lot of fun either. I was finally discharged on Saturday and told to take yet another week off of work. 

It has been one week since all of that drama and I'm
 finally feeling better. 

It's obviously not the way I planned the majority of my July to go but I'm getting better every day and I'm so lucky that my amazing rock of a fiance was there to take care of Violet, the house and the pets while I was in the hospital. I know it wasn't easy and I know he was stressed but I am seriously lucky to have him. My mom helped him the weekend I had my surgery and then his mom helped out the second weekend I was in the hospital. SO grateful for them too.

I'll be back Monday to overload y'all with pictures from the past couple of weeks but these are the most recent and my most favorite, taken yesterday.

I love these two!
Now, back to work again on Monday and I'm dreading it. Even being sick, it's been so amazing to spend all this time at home with Violet. Oh how I wish I could be a SAHM.... maybe one day! 

Thank you again for all the sweet texts and tweets. Y'all amaze me with your kindness! <3


Anonymous said...

Aw, Jess! You and your family are just beautiful! I hope you feel great and don't ever have to go through crap like that again!

gina said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend...and you look great, btw!!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! You poor thing! So glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!! I can't imagine having two organs taken out within 2 weeks if each other!!! And Violet is just beautiful as always. :)

Lauren said...

So glad you are doing better, love the pictures so sweet :-)

Christina said...

Such an ordeal! I sincerely hope that everything is smooth sailing for you guys from here on out. That’s too much to deal with! You are so strong and positive. I think I would have snapped by now. Haha! I hope you’re recovery is going well. I LOVE those photos. What a pretty day and good lookin’ family!

Suze said...

I'm so, so glad to hear you're feeling better!!

By the way- adorable photos!!

Mrs. W. said...

OMG, what an ordeal!!!! So glad you're feeling better now!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
site design by designer blogs