30 so far

Sep 20, 2012

I have to admit, the night before my birthday I felt sick to my stomach. The idea of it being my last night in my 20s made me SO sad. Like the end of an era, ya know? Ronnie was so sweet to comfort me even though it was so silly. He really is too good for me and handles my craziness so well :)

Ronnie went above and beyond this year - maybe because he know how much I was dreading the 3-0 thing. First I woke up to a decorated living room and kitchen and that was the sweetest surprise! But then he opened the front door and outside was a gift, balloons and cupcakes waiting for me from my MOM! She stopped by on her way to work and decorated our front door and the whole front porch with that yellow "Over the Hill" tape. It was dark out and I couldn't get good pictures but it was such a cool surprise!

Afer taking some pictures (of course) I went inside for the gifts! Ronnie gave me a Pumpkin Cheesecake cupcake from my fave place Saweet and a card with some cold.hard.CASH!! And with that I was ordered to go spend it on Sunday - while he watches the baby! My mom's gift was a box of Lime-a-Ritas (I've been dying to try them!), some candies and random little gifts and a pretty nice gift card to Old Navy. Do they know me or what? :)
Then after making it through the work day (why must we work on our birthdays?!), we went for a quick dinner since Ronnie had a paper to write. We went to one of my faves, Habanero's for burritos! Once we were home Ronnie did his homework and I played with the girly and then got her ready for bed. She crashed out by 9:30 with no struggle so I consider that her gift to me :)
 
My day was completely perfect.
 
And to make it even better, we're leaving V off with my parents tomorrow night and going out for a REAL date (sushi!!) which I'm so excited about! Then on Saturday I'm meeting my mom, aunts and girl cousins for dinner. The ladies in my family celebrate our birthdays like that every year. I'm seriously feeling spoiled! (and so grateful!)
 
Thank you thank you thank you for all of your sweet Birthday wishes yesterday!!!

Now that I'm actually 30, I have to say that it feels pretty damn good so far :)

19 comments:

Michelle Pennington said...

So happy that your birthday was awesome! Love all the decorations. Your hubby did good!
We are going out for a friends birthday this weekend and getting sushi! I can't wait! So yummy!

Meg O. said...

How sweet that the house was all decorated!! Love it!!! Glad 30 is treating you well so far!!

Rhonda said...

Sounds like a very nice birthday!

C said...

Ok, your husband needs to teach mine a thing or two. I love Jacob to death but he is so unthoughtful! I would die to see a decorated house. And a shopping trip all alone? The perfect gift!!! I love that you celebrate throughout the week. That’s how it should be done. I hope you have a fabulous date!!

kribss said...

What an awesome birthday!

kjpugs said...

I love birthday decorations!!! Looks like it was a great birthday but the sushi date sounds AWESOME too! Enjoy!

Cole said...

You deserve every bit of birthday awesomeness that has been rained down on you!

And THANK YOU for taking time out of your birthday to cheerlead me through my little "issue". :-)

Vinton-Shellsburg Class of 2001 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I am so happy you had a great day! I will also be turning the big 3-0 this year! I am sure i will be sad too!

anika♥Lee said...

Happy 30th!!! it's not so bad, is it? I just turned 30 earlier this year. Age ain't nothin' but a number... it's how you feel inside. :) You don't look a day over 20 to me!!!! What a wonderful day you had - that is so awesome to be surrounded by such thoughtful people.

Katie said...

How cute to have the house decorated for you!! 30 is looking good!

Jean said...

That was so sweet of Ronnie & your mom. Awwww! <3

What a great day!

Yum... Sushi sounds great. Have fun! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Cold hard cash and a gift card! Sounds like it is going to be a good Sunday for you! =)

Anonymous said...

Aw how sweet! So glad that Ronnie made your day extra special! I know I will be dreading that day too.

Lauren said...

What a great celebration, love all the decorations :-)

Amy @ At the Pink of Perfection said...

Your birthday sounds glorious pretty girl! One day we'll open our own business and give everyone their birthdays off. Deal?

Unknown said...

Aw I'm glad it feels good to be 30. Happy Birthday,

Desperately Seeking Gina said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! I have to say that my thirties have been the best decade thus far! Hope yours is as well.

{and now that I'm actually closer to 40 than 30...I can't imagine the years getting any better-ha)

Mrs. W. said...

What a wonderful birthday! Sounds like a perfect way to kick off your 30s. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs