I got 99 problems

Nov 15, 2012

The way to really ruin my morning is to take away my breakfast. (And my coffee but luckily I still have that.). I gave the ultra slow Sonic by my office just one more chance to redeem themselves this morning and they were slow again. So slow in fact that they made me late to work. Late without food because I left without it. They were that slow.

So as I'm angrily driving to work (without breakfast!), I stop at a red light and I check my email (it's not a good idea but yes, I check emails and texts at red lights.) and I get this one:

Um. Budget?

I'm already freaking out about how many more Christmas gifts I need to buy and now you want me to budget myself?! Shopping is my happiness, mint - don't try and restrain me!

But of course just the thought of all the gifts I still have to buy gets me all stressed out.

Which gets me to thinking about having to split time with our families during the Holidays. I'm avoiding those conversations as long as I can but just thinking about it gets me even more stressed.

I finally get to the office (a whole 4 minutes later) and a boss who's been out of town since before the election, is there bitching about it. So now I have to listen to all political silly talk and bashing again that I was happy to have moved past last week.

I had this at home this morning. 


I could still be there with her in our pj's, playing, having a grand time, probably listening to Christmas music - when we're not watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, of course.

But I have to work. Especially if I want to keep up my shopping addiction.

This post of course has been brought to you by the hashtag #firstworldproblems.

Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for everything I have but damn, some days just get off to a shitty start, ya know? (Literally too. My morning really started with one of our dogs pooping in the house. A rare occurrence but always a blast!)

My only consolation now is that it's still early and things can only go up from here.

Anything you want to vent about today? :D

P.S. My Shabby Apple giveaway is still open! Enter to win $50 and buy yourself some happy ;)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never apoligize for first world problems :-). Stay home with that cutie seems much better then going to work.

Rhonda said...

I totally know your agony today!

Anonymous said...

Hope your day gets better!! No breakfast is not cool! Also, I'm so lucky that I only have to plan one family get together on the holidays. Erins only close family is his brother and they are 3 hours away, so we just plan for whatever day they are in town visiting his SIL family. Everyone else is states away. I'd say someone gets Christmas Eve, you get Christmas morning, someone get's Christmas afternoon. That's how it was when I was growing up.

(Hope you like my 3 page long comment. :o)

undomestic mama said...

Oh mama I hope your day gets better! I HATE having to split time between families. I already had to split between my Mom and Dad but now we have B's family too - it stinks. In the near future I think we'll just stay home and make everyone come to us if they want to see us :)

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

Yes! I would like to bitch about the fact that Husby woke me up at three o'clock this morning to tell me Jake shit on the floor in the living room... He refuses to pick up shit. WTH? ...Oh and as soon as I saw your post title I thought in my head, "99 problems and a bitch ain't one of em" LOLOLOL

Faith said...

vent away ... today did not start off well either ... it was nice to see that my employees failed an outside audit. fun, fun.

and seriously, tell your damn boss that if she snoozes she looses. damn sore loser.

k, sorry. my mood stinks today.

Mrs. W. said...

I feel you about budgeting and family-splitting holiday stress, especially the latter. As nice as it will be for Ellie to be around her family for her first Christmas, I'm kind of bummed about it because usually it's just our little family and we don't have to deal with all that "But I want to see you on Christmas day! Why can't you come here???" from all four of our parents. Blah.

Man, that pic of you two is adorable. She is just the sweetest and I want to come over and put bows in her hair for you. The curls! They kill me!

Mellissa "Shia" Rondinelli said...

That is such a cute pic of you and your lil one! She is absolutely adorable! If you want some holiday help check out some of my posts ... I'm doing 30 days of trying to do lil things to not get overly stressed/broke/overwhelmed this holiday season ... okay skip the first one ... it was about a budget ... LOL

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

Shia

C said...

I know it's not funny, but I'm cracking up! Dog poop, slow fast food, THE ELECTION? That sucks! Isn't it crazy how stressful the holidays are? We have problems coordinating with families and my parents live one block away from Jacob's!! At one point last year I said I just wanted to stay holed up in our house, just the four of us. How do you like mint? I kept meaning to look into it. Does it help or do you ignore it? I'd probably ignore it. Ha!

Helene said...

I feel you on this!! cant wait to check out your giveaway!

Helene in Between

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs