Color!!

Nov 24, 2009

I thought color would be the easiest thing to choose for my wedding but it has proved to be HORRIBLY confusing. I've been going back and forth for a while now (even before we were engaged!) and I think I've finally made a decision. I can hardly believe it! :p

Ok, so I've always wanted a winter wedding not only because I LOVE the feel of the holidays but also because the weather is cooler (which is my favorite) and there is built in decor everywhere with Christmas trees, lights, etc. I just get the best feeling during this time! I decorate at home for Christmas with turquoise and silver - I'm not a red and green girl. I've been talking with friends about the possibility of turquoise in the wedding and they were kind of iffy saying the color's just too bright for a winter wedding. But that is no matter...

Because I definitely will be using turquoise (blue/green, teal, different shades basically)..Kind of like a peacock? Which by the way, I've discovered peacock themed weddings are totally hip right now like on this save-the-date or this invitation. I've seen a million invitations using this theme but that's truly not what I'm going for. I'm going for a holiday feel reception with sparkle and pops of pretty blues and a backdrop of twinkle lights and candles. I think it's going to be beautiful!!

Oooh and I found this tree today online here and I think I'm going to buy a couple of them very soon and I'm excited because I can use them to decorate at home for Christmas but also save them to be used somewhere at my reception. Love love love it!! :)

This is what the tree looks like up close. I'm absolutely in LOVE!


It's not a traditional winter wedding but I've never claimed to be one for tradition so I'm ecstatic about these colors!!

5 comments:

amy said...

Ha ha. Those are the exact same colors of my christmas tree decorations! :)

Amanda Roo said...

Those are nice colors!

jessica said...

Thanks, girls!! :) I'm so glad I'm not the only "non red and green" Christmas person out there! hehe

courtney said...

I love the "peacock" color scheme...and those save the dates are super cute. I think it is winter-y!

jessica said...

Thanks, Cee - that makes me feel a lot better! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs