Birthday & BBQ!

Mar 27, 2011

OK so I feel like an annoying person with all my weekend recaps....
But 1) I have a horrible memory and I want to have this journal of my life for later on...
And 2) I am truly always working for the weekend. I live for these 2 days off {as I'm sure you all do!} and I just cherish every bit of my Saturdays and Sundays. These weekends are the most important days of my life! :)

Saturday, we met up with Ronnie's family for a belated Birthday lunch for their dad. Ronnie's step-mom couldn't make it but Ronnie's sister, Krissy and her boyfriend came and we had a great time! First stop was the famous dance hall, Gruene Hall  for some beer. Ronnie's family is just so laid back, it's easy to have a great time with them!

Krissy & Ronnie with their Dad
Krissy and her honey, Darren 

Then we went next door to The Grist Mill where I had quite possibly the yummiest chicken spinach salad EVER {but forgot to take a pic!}. There was lots of laughing and lots of YELLing over the loud birthday party next to us but we had such a fun time. I'm so grateful for such awesome future in-laws!

Partial view of the restaurant from the patio. Such a pretty day!
Us

And then today? We've had the best lounge day EVER!! I did lots of dog walking, cleaning and movie watching! Ronnie just kinda came along for that ride and gladly chilled out with his laptop for most of the day.

We did actually leave the house ONCE though. ha! I realized I had a Living Social deal expiring soon and Ronnie freaked out like a kid on Christmas morning when I told him it was for one of his faves, Augie's Barbed Wire Smokehouse BBQ. It's this funky little place right down the street from the San Antonio Zoo and they have a really awesome "Beer Garden" patio and of course, GREAT bbq! The patio is dog friendly and they even have a tree house cigar and wine lounge! If you're ever visiting SA and are near the Zoo, try it out! The brisket and potato salad are my faves!


Thanks for sticking around through these posts, it means a lot!..Now, go get ready for bed! It's back to work tomorrow!! :D

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs