Vacay, Shopping & Weight Loss! Holla!

Mar 25, 2011

Ladies, we have made it! IT IS FRIDAY! And today is extra fabulous because I am OFF OF WORK!!!! I haven't had a day off in forever and the other day Ronnie randomly said "You know what, you should just take a Friday off and have a chill day to yourself one of these days." Sweet, huh? So I took his advice {I mean, who would ignore that, right?} and I am so glad I did. It was absolutely amazing to wake up at 9:30 am, take the dogs for a long walk, then drive on over to Starbucks {not in a hurry AND with the dogs!}. Since then I've been catching up on blogs and on DVR'ed shows. Oh. It's been great and I could get used to this! :p

So last night, after watching my sister in "The Importance of Being Earnest" at her high school {she was Miss Prism and did an amazing job!!}, I went to Old Navy because I was dying to try on that chiffon dress I'd posted about on Wednesday. Unfortunately, it did not work out. AT ALL. But I did find another dress I'm in love with! It's hot pink and linen and just so comfy and pretty! I also found a gingham, really thin button up that is perfect for the warm weather. It looks so cute with the sleeves rolled up too - I ended up buying it in 2 different colors! Then I bought a couple of black light weight, 3/4 sleeve cardigans because until I'm skinny, my arms will continue to get covered! ha. I did buy one of them in a smaller size though because I intend to keep losing weight. But the best part of this shopping trip was that normally, because of my arms and because of my um, buxom self, I've always worn XXL at Old Navy. Not yesterday! I fit into everything XL! I actually felt comfortable and CUTE. And there was no near-crying fits in the dressing room either! ha!

So this is what I came home with:
                                 

I've only lost close to 8 lbs but it seriously has already made such a difference. I haven't measured myself but I know my belly has gone down some and my chest and arms have for sure. I just FEEL more comfortable in my clothes already and if it feels this good after just this little bit of weight loss, that is all the incentive I need to keep it up! And I just want to say THANK YOU all for your sweet comments about the weight loss, I'm so lucky to have such awesome support! :)

Well, I'm off like a dirty shirt! I'm gonna get my lazy butt up and outta here! The boys will probably be disappointed that I'm not going to take them out again though...especially after this scene at Starbuck's this morning:


The drive thru guy saw them in the passenger seat and asked me if they'd ever had whip and I said "No, this is their first Starbuck's trip!!" and he immediately brought out a little cup of whip for them. They were in HEAVEN and went nuts!! {Can't you tell by the whip on Frasier's head?}. I didn't let them have much because they have sensitive tummies but at least they got to have a little excitement in their Friday too :) 

Happy Friday, y'all!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

How funny!! Whip for your pups! Have a good weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha silly boys! So cute :)

amy said...

So jealous of your vacation day but still happy for you! :)

Your pups are so cute!! :)

Have a geat weekend!

~Tricia~ said...

Old Navy and Starbucks, what a great way to spend a Friday!
Thanks for coming over to my blog :) Have a good weekend!

Unknown said...

Way to go on the weight loss! Taking pups with you to the drive thru is always fun. Holly has gotten free chicken nuggets, ice cream, and tots. She's lucky that they're nice, because I'm like you don't need sick puppies. Enjoy the rest of your long weekend.

Amanda said...

Congrats on the weight loss... what are you doing to slim down?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs