I'm currently at 35 1/2 weeks and starting to get nervous. Shit's about to get real! haha. I'm excited about getting my girl, the only part that worries me is the labor and delivery. I'm hoping and praying I luck out and it's a quick process because I just want that part over and done with!
Ronnie took my picture last night when we were just hanging out. Jammies and all! My face is definitely getting more swollen looking lately as are my feet and ankles. But I know those will return to normal in just a few short weeks!
Updates in Week 35:
- According to BabyCenter.com, baby girl is measuring over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon).
- I've definitely noticed how big she's getting. I'm feeling the most pressure I've ever felt and it's even getting hard to walk. Rolling over in bed and getting up off the floor is so painful and isn't a pretty sight either. We laugh because Ronnie's always having to help me get up. It's sweet though :)
- New, exciting symptom - itchy skin. I've read about pregnant women getting itchy on their belly and breasts but I feel itchy EVERYWHERE. Mostly on my hips, belly, lower back and thighs. It's so weird and frustrating.
- Charlie Horse cramps are NOT my friend and have been hanging around too much lately. In fact, my left calf is still sore after I got a cramp two nights ago. They've been pretty frequent and I'm so tired of them! I will say though I've become a pro at getting rid of them quickly!
- I'm still addicted to water and fruit but my latest craving is Gatorade! Because of the cramps, Ronnie mentioned maybe needing more electroytes. When he said that it felt like I've been missing out on Gatorade my entire life, that's how intense the craving was. ha! I've drank a couple this week and they were so good.
- I finally hit total nesting mode. Kinda funny that it kicked in when I'm at my slowest! Last night I tore through all the gifts we've received so far and boxes of random baby stuff and organized it all! I did two little loads of her little clothes which now smell like heaven and her room is finally clean! The house as a whole is looking great too!
- Once and for all, I decided what to do with the nursery. Again, this is happening so late but whatever. We can do it! :) Ronnie's on board with my ideas and we're gonna start Sunday. My mom even "intervened" and put a stop to my back and forth on the bedding and is just going to make it for me, I just have to choose fabric. Halleluyer!
- I'm SO excited for my first shower this Saturday! A few of my closest friends and most of my huge family will be there so I think it's gonna be a lot of fun! I'm so grateful for all these wonderful people in our lives who are just as excited for Miss V!
- Last but not least, irritability is at an all-time high. I feel like if anyone tries to mess with me, I will not hold back. I've always kinda been like that but it's even worse now. It seems my "balls" have gotten bigger during pregnancy. ha!
Thanks for reading along all this time...Just a few more weeks and you'll be done looking at my big belly and hearing my complaints! :p Have a great day!