I'm still hanging in there..and apparently so is Baby V! I'm now 36 1/2 weeks which means she can really can come at anytime now but I don't think she's budging. Her actual due date is just 3 1/2 weeks away! I never thought this day would get here so fast!!
This is the dress I wore to my shower this past weekend! It wasn't the day of the shower but I thought it was appropriate to wear for my 36 week pic :) I should've held ze belly but I'm sure you can see it's there and getting bigger!
Updates in Week 36:
- Yesterday was my 36 week OB appointment and it went great! V is weighing in at about 5 lbs. 13 oz! OB's guess is she'll end up 7 to 7.5 lbs. Fine with me as long as there's no 10 pounder - I don't know if my never-given-birth-before self could handle it. ha!
- We got an ultrasound and a partial 4D sonogram at the appt but unfortunately V is too low and squished so the tech couldn't get any good pictures! :( So dissapointing because the tech rushed through it and we had been so looking forward to it, my mom even came with! We did get one OK shot though and she looked kinda like me!
- Apparently I've gained 5 pounds since 2 weeks ago. Which if I truly did, I'll own it. However, my OB appt's have always been at 9 am and I don't trust being weighed in the afternoon after having eaten breakfast and lunch! And maybe a cookie. ha! So I'm gonna weigh myself at home tomorrow morning just to compare.
- I had my Strep B test done yesterday. Fun times, let me tell you! My OB is the best though and just laughs along with my nervous laughs and jokes. I seriously lucked out with her!
- I am now in full waddle mode. My lower half just hurts too much to walk normally anymore. Another fun new symptom is shocking pains in my lower back and numbing on the left side of my groin (TMI!) because of pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- My latest craving is vanilla ice cream!! More specifically, the ice cream cones from McDonald's. They've always been my favorite but now it's like a serious NEED. I have to focus on driving straight home instead of turning left into the Mickey D's right by my house!!
- The nursery is slowly but surely coming together but we have a LOT to do this weekend. If it's not done by Super Bowl, I swear I'll be bugging Ronnie to continue helping me. We'll see how that argument turns out. haha
- I have a feeling V will love music just as much as her parents. I've caught her kicking this week to The Beatles, Bob Marley and Pink Floyd. She loves her Momma's playlist I think ;)
- Today's my work baby shower!! I bitch and moan a lot about my bosses and co-workers but they've really been nice lately and have actually been asking me about the baby, how I'm feeling, etc. I'm looking forward to our lunch at Olive Garden and then coming back to open presents!