Preggo Stuff - 38 Weeks

Feb 16, 2012

Well, so far my 38th week has been very eventful to say the least.

To start off, Valentine's night was so nice and I was so excited when Ronnie agreed to pizza because I was craving it so badly! We went to our fave place near our house and had a blast hanging out on their patio. But let's just say I overdid it on the pizza and mozzarella sticks...and ended up hugging a toilet all night. Seriously. Have I not learned by now that my belly has no more room?

Then yesterday? Ronnie warned me all morning about how slick our outside entry way was because of some drizzle and to be careful on my way out. I was EXTRA careful and had no problems. But I'd come home during my lunch break and on my way out, I tripped INSIDE the house. I fell first onto my left knee but the fall was so hard and fast that it just threw me all the way down and I ended up on my belly. As you can imagine, I was hysterical and freaking out.

I called Ronnie who was at school an hour away! We're both hysterical but I had to compose myself enough to call my doctor's office, who told me to go straight to labor and delivery at our hospital. Ronnie raced into town and my sweet coworker met up with me to drive me because she didn't want me going alone. When I got to the hospital they immediately hooked me up to a heart monitor. Luckily my blood pressure was good and hearing her perfect hearbeat was all I needed!

By the time Ronnie got there (the fastest he's EVER driven back into town!) they had me waiting for a sonogram to rule out any internal bleeding. After quite a wait the nurse said my OB only wanted me to be monitored for 2 hours and the sono wasn't necessary since I wasn't bleeding or having any cramping. So Ronnie and I just hung out for 2 hours and V's  heart rate was perfect the entire time. Even just in that crappy little room, we had the best time together. We were just on cloud 9, feeling so relieved and thankful that our baby was OK! We quickly realized just what a miracle baby she really is.

Today though I woke up like a creaky old lady with a hurt knee and a hurt shoulder. I had to go into work late because I was in SO much pain! I guess I hadn't realized just how hard I'd fallen down!
All whining aside, I'm just beyond happy V is ok. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes on Twitter yesterday, it meant a lot to us!

Then I had my OB appt earlier today and that brought some interesting news:
  • I've gained 3 lbs since my appt last week! Yowza. I'm now up 17 lbs total! I know that's not the worst but my OB did only want me to max out at 20 so I'm getting close! :/ 
  • I had my first cervix check today (not a whole lotta fun, let me tell you!) and unfortunately I'm not dilated even one bit. Nothing. I was hoping I would be so I could be induced next week but at this point, it's not happening.
  • They ended up scheduling my induction for March 2nd, when I'm at nearly 41 weeks. We only scheduled this just in case V doesn't come on her own before then. I hope she realizes she was supposed to be a February baby and doesn't make us wait til March!! ha
So there ya have it! It's been a crazy week so far. I haven't even taken a preggo pic this week! Instead I'll leave you with an exciting picture of us at the OB office today. We had to wait an extra 45 minutes because the doctor was off doing an emergency c-section and look at how much fun we were having ;)


Have a great day! :)

22 comments:

Courtney said...

That does sound so scary and I'm sorry you had to go through that :( Incredibly thankful everything is ok with baby. Even though it is a little scary to have a set date, at least now you have an eviction date ;)

Here's to a quite week 39, unless baby girl decides to come early!

Cole said...

Geesh, you'd have thought that that fall would have shaken baby V loose a little! I kid, I kid.

Really, I'm so happy that you're both OK. Your co-worker is so sweet to stay with you until Ronnie arrived.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I am so glad you guys are okay! I would have been have been hysterical too. That is my worst fear in general, is slipping on wet ground.
On a brighter note, you are getting so close!!

M.R. said...

That sounds really scary!

At least you know everything is fine (even if you were stuck at the hospital)

Would be cool if baby girl was born on the 29th! Leap year baby! :-)

amy said...

Yikes! That is super scary! I'm so glad that you and Baby V are okay!!

Anonymous said...

I would have been hysterical too! So glad everything turned out ok. Haha you and Ronnie look like your having a blast waiting in the waiting room :D

Cami said...

You are just a bundle of cuteness :)

C said...

So scary! I remember being terrified of falling down the stairs and always made Jacob walk in front of me so he could catch me. I’m glad everything is ok!! You’re in the home stretch!

Dana Richards said...

I am SO thankful that you and baby girl are ok! What an awful scare, I can't even imagine!

I also can't believe that she is coming SO SOON!!! So excited for you both!

Lauren said...

So sorry to hear about your scary fall friend, so glad you and baby are doing great :-) We're making pizza tonight for dinner yum! xo

Heather said...

That must have been so scary! I'm glad you and V are okay!!

Miranda said...

so glad you and baby are fine! can't wait to hear the news that she is here and find out her name :) hope you don't have to be induced either!

Cori H. said...

I can just imagine how scared you were. I know I would have been freaking out! I know I keep saying it, but I'm just so thankful that y'all are ok! Hopefully Miss V will still be a February baby!

Mami en construcción said...

Oh hun, that's scary!
I'm so glad you and baby V are okay!!
Phew.

gin said...

So scary! I'm so glad you and baby girl are okay. Which hosp. are you delivering at? I delivered at Methodist down town and had a great experience. I hope your knee gets to feeling better! :)

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad you're all okay!! Scary experience, I'm sure!
My b-day is Feb 28th - maybe baby and I will have the same b-day! Or maybe even a leap day baby!
Best of luck to you all!

Suze said...

I am just so glad everything was okay- how scary!!

I can't wait til she gets here. Even March 2nd is sooooo soon!

Mrs. W. said...

So glad you and baby are okay! That fall sounds so scary!

She'll be here so soon, hooray! :)

Shoshanah said...

I can't believe you're so close! It feels like just yesterday you posted about being pregnant. And if I feel like your pregnancy has flown by I can only imagine how it must feel for you!

Asha said...

OMG I can't imagine how scared you must have been but thank God baby V is doing perfectly fine! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Crossing my fingers that little bean decides to come soon!

Faith said...

so very scary! but glad that everything is OK! i am wondering if you are having baby anytime soon! thinking and praying for you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs