Date Weekend 2012!

Aug 20, 2012

This past weekend will officially be known as Date Weekend 2012!

Not because we won't ever have a date again but this was MAJOR. Violet slept over at my MIL's and this was her first time ever sleeping somewhere else.

Saturday started with the drop off. Ignore the scratches on her mirror..but there she was having a blast with her toys and my heart was breaking that we were about to drop her off. But once it was over and I saw how happy and ok she was, we were off!....
To the great city of Austin! :) The usual 1 hour trip took about 1.5 hours. Oy the traffic on 35 is horrendous.


As we were driving into downtown it started pouring so we had to run into our first stop, 24 Diner. It was a really fun way-too-hip-for-us place and I had probably the yummiest turkey breast + goat cheese sandwich ever and Ronnie couldn't stop talking about their coffee. He had FOUR CUPS.

When we left, the sun was out and it was hotter than a mug! But we decided to go do some shopping on Congress like the cool kids do ;) One shop had silver letters and Ronnie grabbed Violet's intials VMC and placed them on the table. It took us a second to realize someone had already placed out the words MISS YOU so it ended up saying MISS YOU VMC. Oh, we are obsessed, sad parents. ha. I even took a picture of the empty back seat when we were leaving Austin. We really did miss her!
We got back to San Antonio around 5pm and stopped by Sprint where Ronnie bought me my early birthday gift, a new HTC EVO. I looove it! Then we went home to let the dogs out, I played on my new phone and Ronnie watched the Texans game. We are so exciting!

Later that night we headed out for a late dinner at one of our fave places, The Cove. We had some yummy burgers and sweet potato fries with their sriracha mayo sauce.. Sooo good!
That night I I may have cried and begged Ronnie for us to go get V..but I'm glad he stopped me. We got the best sleep E-V-E-R! We were both in bed by 11, 1130 and we didn't wake up til nearly 9 am. Apparently we were tired.

We got up and went to breakfast then headed over to the MIL to pick up our girl! We were so.freaking.excited! When we got there she was having her morning nap but I waited around, staring at her (obsessed I tell you!) and when she woke up and saw me, she smiled so big and started kicking like a fool. Guess she kinda loves us back ;)

Then we went and did some shopping with our girl. She was an angel the whole day and we were so happy to have her back with us. The break was much needed and it really does make you appreciate what you have. And I have the best fiance and best little girl around.

9 comments:

Rhonda said...

love it! just love y'all!

Lauren said...

Such a great weekend glad you got your "date time" :-)

Sarah said...

It looks like ya'll had a great date night. I need one soon :)

Faith said...

Awww too cute! I love how you love your baby girl!

Glad you had a great weekend too! I'm sure the sleep felt really good :)

Monica said...

Awwww sounds like a great weekend!!!

Jessica M. said...

Sounds like a good weekend! And Violet is just as cute as ever!

Suze said...

What a delightful weekend!! Glad you enjoyed it

Mrs. W. said...

What a great date weekend! You guys are so lucky to be near family so you have the opportunity to do that sort of thing. I'm glad you had fun!

Heather said...

How fun!!! I haven't been brave enough to stay the night away from my little one yet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs