When I saw this on Kasey's blog I knew I had to copy because this was the only way to get some sort of 2011 recap outta me! :p I hope you enjoy and maybe you can do the same post!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Got knocked up and bought a house! :D
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
For a few months, yes. I lost almost 20 pounds but then I got pregnant and of course most of that weight has come back. The plan now is to get back on the weight loss wagon as soon as baby is here!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Lots of friends had babies but not anyone in my family.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandma passed away in May :( I wasn't very close with her but it was still a very sad time for our family.
5. Did you visit anywhere exciting?
No and I'm still upset about that! I just had a few work trips - one to Fort Worth and the others were all to Louisville. Not the most exciting places to visit but I still had fun!
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More money in savings...We'll see how that goes ;)
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 7th - the day I found out I was pregnant!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying our first house, for sure.
9. What was your biggest mistake?
I didn't talk about it much but in January we moved from a rental home we loved into a small apartment in order to save some money. The bills there ended up being way more and we also had to deal with a crazy neighbor. Needless to say we only lasted 6 months there and had to pay a bunch to get out of our lease. UGH!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just a flu early on in the year but I made it all year without any other illnesses!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Take a wild guess...Our cute little house! :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
For sure, Ronnie. He's done SO much for us even while having a really hectic school schedule (and driving out of town to school every day!). He is such a hard worker and I couldn't be more grateful for him! And what is he doing right now on school break? Painting EVERY room in our house. Seriously. He's perfect.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A close family member but of course I won't get into that here.
14. Where did most of your money go in 2011?
Eating out for lunch every day, gas, and that stupid apartment!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finding out our baby's gender! <3 But before that, the day it snowed here!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem.. It's just funny because when I heard (and loved) it, it reminded me how much I still love ridiculous popular music so I've just owned it ever since :p
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier! I love my little family and this is the most exciting time ever, waiting for our girl to get here.
ii. thinner or fatter? Um. Fatter. FO SHO.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer! Living off one income is a tough thing but we've survived. Adding a baby in will make us even poorer but that's fine with me! :)
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
More hanging out with friends, more spontaneous road trips...All stuff we really should've done more of before the baby but I can blame our boringness on that being poorer thing! haha.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I wish I wouldn't have spent so much energy worrying about the person in #13.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With our families, running all over town from party to party. I hope this year's is much more relaxing!
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Every day I fall more in love with Ronnie and our sweet animals but my newest love is this little cupcake:
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I got seriously obsessed with Parks & Rec and Happy Endings.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Oy. I don't hate anyone at all, just still struggling with #13.
24. What was the best book you read?
Umm I have to admit I did very little reading this year...Last thing I read was Water for Elephants and I pretty much dropped it halfway through :/
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Fitz and the Tantrums. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!
26. What did you want and get?
A house! (I know y'all are sick of that one ;)
27. What did you want and not get?
I wanted our huge wedding but that got postponed early on in the year.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was unfortunately flying to Louisville for a work trip that day and had to spend the evening with my co-workers. It wasn't the worst but I'd have much rather celebrated my 29th at home with my honey and friends.
29. What's one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing at all, a lot of great life-changing things happened last year!
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I definitely tried to be a little more stylish but on a small budget that can be hard. I hope I can get back on that path even after becoming a mom...even if comfort is always my #1!
31. What kept you sane?
Blogging for sure..and Ronnie!
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Katy Perry and Russell Brand. I just like them both so much as individuals so I loved that they were married. I'm sad to see it's over! :(
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
As my conservative dad always tells me "You're just one of those bleeding hearts, you don't get it"... So I'd rather not get into politics around here because the debates could get feisty! haha
34. Who do you miss the most?
No one at all to be honest..I have my fiance, my close friends and family so I'm good :)
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Definitely all of you that I've met through blogging!
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011?
To truly enjoy every moment because life changes quickly! And to not take it too seriously when a doctor tells me I may never be able to have children ;)
37. What are your new years resolutions for 2012?
I just hope I can do great at the mom thing :) And focusing on living a healthier lifestyle is also important because I want to set that example for our daughter!
So there ya have it! I'd say my 2011 was great but 2012 will be even better!