Why I like today.

Feb 14, 2013

I know I've said it before but Ronnie and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. We're not anti-Valentine's or anything, we just don't make a big deal out of it. We would much rather spend our money on gifts and a nice dinner on our anniversary in 2 weeks and well, it's nice to show each other love every day, don't you think?

But I have to admit, there are some things I really do love about Valentine's:

-- Pink, red, hearts, sparkles, ruffles, sprinkles, candy! How can all this girlyness not make you happy?

-- I get to dress up this little girl in themed, cutesy clothes! (And one day, make Valentine's cards with her which I really am excited about.)

-- Surprises! Gifts! No, not from Ronnie but from people you may not share the love with every day. 
 
In this case, it's a swap with blog friends :) Corrin's Valentine's Day swap is anonymous and I can't wait to find out who sent me these goodies!! (Why yes, that's nearly 2 lbs of Sour Patch goodness. And yes, I have already opened it.)
 

-- Today's a good day to be mushy and cheesy and not care. And to be honest, this is the only V-day gift I need. (See? Even I'm being cheesy.)

 
What do you think about Valentine's Day?
 
(And if you say not having a man makes today crappy, remember this:
Guys are great and all but they fart. A lot. Just saying.)

10 comments:

Miss MP said...

V looks adorable as always. Happy Valentines Day.

Rhonda said...

Love those notebooks in your swap package!

Lauren H. Edmondson said...

love this, my husband actually surprised me with flowers today which is crazy considering I can count on one hand the amount of times he's gotten me flowers in the 8 years we've been together. Happy Valentine's day!

Suze said...

Your swap package looks fun! And V is adorable, as always.

I like Valentine's Day, but it's not my favorite. Working in a high school on Valentine's Day can be... an experience. :)

Ashlee Miller said...

V is adorable!

Jean said...

we don't make big deals out of it either anymore. too over rated and they want to drain our wallets! i blame it on [social] media!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benlovesting said...

Lovely blog! x

Christina said...

Fun swap stuff! Jacob and I don't do gifts and NEVER go out on Vday. It's a madhouse out there. But I do love pampering my kids with small presents and love and hearts and kisses!

Mrs. W. said...

Cute baby and cute stuff!!! Happy belated Valentine's Day!

Monica said...

The Boy and I never made a big deal out of Valentines day which was nice because I looked forward getting the love all the time. Violet looks soooo adorable in her Vday outfit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs