Moving along...

Feb 22, 2011

Turns out I have no balls. I just couldn't air my dirty laundry on my blog after all. Sorry for all the hype yesterday! ha. The issues I'm dealing with have to do with my family and I just couldn't bear the thought of them accidentally happening upon my blog - you just never freaking know! Besides, the whole moral of my rant was that I needed to learn to move on and be mature about these issues and NOT focus on them. I feel like posting would mean I'm focusing too much on it.

Part of moving on was also to realize that the biggest obstacle keeping me from being truly happy is my weight. It's been an issue since high school and while I've maintained my weight for the past few years, I know I'm flat out OBESE, maintaining or not and it's just beyond unhealthy. I'm sick and tired of having no energy, I don't want to end up diabetic [which runs in the family] and I know losing weight will help my PCOS and Hypothyroidism [wow, another story for another day!]. So yesterday was my first day on this new journey. I feel so lucky to have a dietitian student for a fiancé because he knows exactly what I need to do and now that I've asked for his help, he's ready!! We did all of our grocery shopping a couple of nights ago and I got a lot of really good food. It just feels awesome having all that stuff at home so that I'm not "forced" to go out for fast food or out to big lunches with the co-workers.

I also downloaded this app yesterday called "My Fitness Pal" and I LOVE it! This was my day yesterday (my dinner and snacks got cut off but you get the idea). The app is so easy to use - all I have to do is search for a brand or restaurant and everything is already in there for you! You can even search for different types of exercises so that you get calorie "credit" for it. I also really love this feature of the app that breaks down calories, proteins, carbs, etc.


I've always hated keeping track of points or calories but this app is actually making me excited!! Maybe because I'm already obsessed with my phone and this is just another reason to never put it down? ha! ...

But I do also want to mention someone who has an amazing weight loss story that has been a huge motivation for me. My sweet friend Jinny from Girl in the Real World is the perfect proof that it CAN be done - it just takes a lot of work. More work than I'd been willing to do apparently because I feel like I've been going nuts with the overeating these past few months; ever since the Holidays really. But it is time. I feel like I'm in the right mind frame now and I know I can stick to it. You're such an inspiration, Jinny! Seriously, check her out!! It is awesome!... I know it's only now my 2nd day but it's been a good one so far and I have a really good feeling about this!

3 comments:

Just Jinny said...

Thanks for the shout out! Slow and steady wins the race, remember that. If I can do it, YOU can do it. Believe that!

courtney said...

You can do it girl! I need to get on the fitness train again too.

jessica said...

Thanks so much, girls!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs